Sunday, August 4, 2013

Maybelline Falsies Mascara

Hello Darlings!

Today's post is a review of my current mascara I've been using: Maybelline Falsies

The last mascara I had was by Covergirl - I can't remember it's name, but it was in a bright orange, round tube. I had it for a few years, and never really replaced it, using it very sparingly. Mascara was never a big thing to me in the beginning of my makeup experience. 

But after seeing some great reviews this spring and summer about Falsies, I just had to try it...

Now, mascara is my favorite last touch to my everyday look. Looking at reviews of Falsies, it looked entirely promising: Some of it's claims were, it's voluminous, lengthening, and lives up to it's name... in need of a false lashes substitute, girls? Don't worry about those false lashes falling into your tea, because this mascara can give you that look, glue-free! 

I was so excited to see if this mascara was as great as all the beauty hype. And just look at the packaging, too - what beauty guru is going to resist that enticing grape color with blue accents? (Not me, I can assure you). So into the bag it went!



THE REVIEW:
The formula is smooth and thick. I didn't purchase the waterproof version, but nonetheless, this is certainly water resistant. I've worn it to the pool and never had a problem with running or smudging. That was an unexpected plus! 
That being said, here are my two negative thoughts: First, because of the thick texture, it can sometimes clump on the lashes, so you've got to work it a little bit. Second, it's great that it's waterproof, but when it comes to removal, this stuff holds on for dear life. My poor eyelashes do suffer a bit every time I need to wash my face clean of makeup. I'd hate be scared to experience the strength of the actual waterproof version. 



Overall, I love this mascara but I dislike it as well. There are an equal amount of pros and cons, and I'm thinking that I can find a 100% mascara out there, which this one didn't quite live up to. So after this one, I'll be in the market for something new. Although I do hate despair to give up the beautiful bottle... sigh.

What are your mascara traumas/triumphs? Have you tried Falsies or anything from the Maybelline line?


No comments:

Post a Comment