Friday, July 19, 2013

Butter London's "Mollycoddled"

Hi Darlings!

Today's chat is about (insert sparkly intro music here) Butter London Nail Polish. 

The reason I never purchased any polish from BL is because of the price, and I was never convinced that quality could make up for the whopping $15 a bottle (yes, $15). Essie already had me wincing at their prices, and I never purchased those either. 

But... lately I have been obsessed with nail polish. I've entered a new beauty phase, it seems, and suddenly every nail polish bottle wants to squeeze into my shopping bag. 

A beautiful display of Butter London caught my eye during an Ulta trip, and that's when it hit me. I suddenly thought, I NEED one of these. 

I immediately saw a lavender purple and fell in love with it, and after debating a little bit, I decided that was the one. And the name made me feel even fuzzier inside with happiness: "Mollycoddled". 

When I got home, I immediately tried it out. Since it was my first expensive, more high-end polish, I was completely blown away by the quality. It dried fast (swoon) and also the formula was so smooth that it applied perfectly every time. It just glides on... like butter!


Ahh! Isn't the color just beautiful? Summer is the time for bright and vibrant colors, but I also love to wear softer ones - pastels feel floral to me, and flowers make me think summer! If you're looking for a nice soft color in contrast to all the staple brights and neons of the season, I would recommend pastels.

In review, I'm completely satisfied with Butter London and feel like I've been a die-hard fan for forever. I plan on buying many more of their polishes, and would recommend BL to all beauty enthusiasts - even if you just buy one to treat yourself, it'll be worth it. 


*photos taken with iPhone

So those are my nails for the week - I couldn't resist posting another nail polish post! This polish was too good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment