Friday, August 9, 2013

A Nail Polish Remover Discovery

Hi Darlings!

I don't know about you, but on Friday nights, the last thing I want to worry about it cheap, chipped nails... No beauty guru wants that! Especially if you're going to that special party. 

Enter this glorious find, CVS's brand of Nail Polish Remover. I was gifted this by my boyfriend, who picked it up after hearing about my nail polish remover woes (trust me, there were plenty). I'd heard about it from a friend during one of our lovely tea parties (where we both had perfect nails, thankfully), and mentioned it a few times, but as I never go to CVS, forgot about it. So when my boyfriend surprised me with it, I was happy as could be! 
The packaging is crisp, clean, and I love that it's in a jar. I was getting tired of those Remover bottles that simply don't look as pretty. 


("I can clean your nails!")

The idea behind this product and the way to use it is amazing. Tired of using cotton balls to rub the nail polish angrily off of your nails? Tired of the remover bottles that spill everywhere too easily? This puts all those troubles to rest. Below is what the jar looks like on the inside. All you need to do? Just stick each finger into the jar, one at a time, and either move your finger up and down against the tabs, or twist it against them. The squishy tabs and the remover combined make your nail polish fade away in about 10 seconds! (Whoever thought this up, from the bottom of my beauty guru heart - THANK YOU). And voila - look at those clean nails, all ready for the next lovely nail polish. No more hiding your nails when you're holding a teacup! 


One small concern: in order for this product to be as effective and fast as it is, the remover itself is much stronger than your average bottle. So when your finger comes out, it can look strangely whitened and feel very dry. But I found the perfect solution - after all your nails are clean, just wash them with soap, and then for a good finishing touch, apply hand cream/moisturizer. The drying effect that the remover gives will be erased when you wash your hands, and also moisturize them for good measure.

So really, the only downside isn't a downside at all, because it's such an easy fix! I would 100% reccomend this amazing product - for any nail polish junkie, it's a complete godsend. I'm never going back to the awkward remover bottles again!

Happy Friday darlings! Have fun at those parties with your clean nails!




No comments:

Post a Comment