Friday, September 13, 2013

Tea Time Tip

Hi Darlings!

I had a post planned for today, but it'll have to wait because I ran out of daylight - no good lighting means no good pictures, for now.

So today, I decided to do another Tea Time Tip. This one is about haircare - some tips to keep those girly strands shiny! Read on for some things that have helped me along the way to keeping my hair healthier.

The first bit of advice is, switch up your shampoo and conditioner regularly. I always have two different shampoos in my shower and alternate with them. I also like to buy smaller shampoo sizes - this means I run out faster, causing me to switch it up and try new things. This is good for your hair because if you overuse a shampoo, it'll eventually not have the same cleansing effect anymore. Rotating is key!

Second tip: stop using paddle brushes! These are actually what I call "frizz machines". They are too hard on your hair and there is too much static with the bristles, causing more broken ends and more frizz. For someone with thick, but also fine hair, that's a deadly combo. I switched to using a small-tooth comb recently (read the haul post HERE) and I'm so glad I did. It has already noticeably gotten rid of a lot of my split ends and definitely the frizz, and that's exciting news for me, girls. It's all in all just healthier for your hair and if you want to take better care of those locks and make them shine, then take this extra easy step.

Third tip: Non-foaming shampoos. If you've never tried any before, branch out and try it! After a bit of researching, I discovered the benefits of shampoos without the usual lather.
The ingredient in shampoos that creates a lather is Sulfate. Sulfate can seriously dry out any color-treated hair, and if you have a sensitive and/or dry scalp, your regular shampoos might actually be making it worse. Non-foaming shampoos solve that problem, and have a lot of substituted, varied vitamins in them that are nourishing.

Fourth tip: Apply the right way! Shampoo is supposed to be applied to the scalp only, and a little further if your hair is longer, but never to the ends. A good strategy is to apply conditioner to your ends first, and then shampoo your scalp and surrounding area of your hair. Then when you wash the shampoo out, the conditioner will have soaked into your ends and coated them nicely, and the shampoo will wash through all your hair and clean it without being too harsh.

So those are my haircare tips that I recommend - what your your haircare secrets?


No comments:

Post a Comment