Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wet N Wild Nail Polish Review

Hi Darlings!

I recently went on a Mini Haul and purchased some Wet N Wild polishes... I didn't need them (who ever does? But why would that ever stop us beauty addicts?), but I was in Walgreens, and I couldn't resist the deal that was going on! It was "Buy 1, Get 2 Free". I mean honestly, who could resist that? Who would? Certainly not yours truly! Besides, I currently have no Wet N Wild polishes, and I wanted to try them out. 

So I started browsing happily. I gravitated towards Wet N Wild's "Fast Dry" collection immediately; "fast-dry" is my biggest polish weakness! I have a horrible tendency to attract nail polish tragedies - all beauty addicts know what I mean. Waiting for nails to dry - and keeping them safe and intact in the process - is a pain. 

So, that being said, My face lit up when I saw those two beautiful words (you had me at Fast-Dry... *swoon*). 

The first color I picked out is this gold glitter, "The Gold & The Beautiful". The name is cute, but I immediately thought of the name "Gatsby Gold" when I saw it. That's what I call it in my mind - much more fun! 

Now, I don't like when glittery polishes feel rough like sand paper, as many so often do, so I took a risky bunny hop with this one. It looked pretty in the bottle, but would it be pretty and smooth on my nails? 
Thankfully, yes!! The formula ended up being rewardingly lovely. Once dry, my nails felt smooth (there was still some texture, but not a complainable amount at all) just like a regular polish does. And you still get that marvelous sparkle and glitter.

"The Gold & The Beautiful"


The two that I got for free, however, were very disappointing. And that makes me so sad! When something doesn't work out and it's a letdown, it's just so depressing.

The first free polish I chose is called "Party Of Five Glitters". The name is very bland, but what drew me was the beautiful shimmer of the glitter. It stood out on the shelves and looked perfect for July 4th. It didn't look too watery either, so I was hoping it would be a more thick consistency to make up for the glitter being the only actual color.

"Party Of Five Glitters"


The last polish I decided on was a very pretty blue. It has tiny gold, pink, and blue glitters in it, and was just so bright and luxurious-looking! I actually liked this name the best out of all of them, "Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire". So cute with a classy edge to it, reminding you of a crisp white outfit and designer things. If only this blue color had been a good find...

"Blue Wants To Be A Millionaire"


Here is a picture I took quickly on my iPhone before rushing to remove the polish, because I couldn't stand the disappointment any longer. I got the photograph, and then that polish was gone - I definitely wasn't going to wear this around! Also, this is after applying three or four coats on each nail. Horrible!

Not pleased! Definitely don't wear this to any tea parties, darlings. "Party Of Five Glitters" was on every nail except for my ring finger, which had on the sparkly blue. Both are so weak and make my nails look sickly. No beauty guru wants that look!



So in review: my first impression of the Wet N Wild polishes? I think they are a little too hit-or-miss. I want a brand to be solid all the way around, and Wet N Wild doesn't appear to give very good odds. I would experiment further and try to discover the gems in the midst of the collection, but I simply don't care that much. There are much better polishes out there waiting to be discovered! Wet N Wild missed the mark. I would repurchase "The Gold & The Beautiful" because it was amazing. It's my personal "Gatsby Gold". But the others? No thank you!





What are your nail polish favorites, weaknesses, and tips? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment