Sunday, July 21, 2013

Bath Bling: Redken Extreme Shampoo & Conditioner

Hi Darlings!

Happy Sunday! Welcome to another feature post - this one is going to be called "Bath Bling" (it just sounds so cute!). I don't have a schedule for this feature, like I do for Facial Fridays, but I'm basically going to be posting about any and all bath and shower products that I've been using, loving, hating, reviewing... The ideas are endless and still coming (the tea is definitely brewing). So I'm very excited about this new addition to the blog!

To start off the fun and bath bubbles, my first post is all about my Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner.



Our story together: I first met Redken when I went to my hair salon for a long-overdue haircut and style. The stylist washed my hair, and I was amazed at, first off, the smell. Oh my gracious, when my hair was being washed it hit me and I was just.. ahhh! It's a scent that I can't pinpoint on anything except the word fresh. It's subtle, clean, and perfect.
And as you may know, smells are incredibly important to me when it comes to beauty products. If it smells bad, chances are I'll ditch it or neglect it, unless if the quality is good enough to overcome it. 

The smell was already giving the brand a good rep... And it gets better! After I left the salon and my hair slowly dried, I was amazed to see that the usual frizz and puff that my hair just loves to do, was basically gone. Oh my! My hair was smooth, soft, feather-like, and had no frizz. I may sound silly girls, but you don't know how awful frizz can be. I felt like a princess. (Dreams do come true!!!) 

That's how we met, and I still consistently use the Redken Extreme Shampoo - the stylist recommended this when she saw my damaged ends. It is the most moisturizing and repairing of the Redken line, and I've found it to be one of those Holy Grail shampoos. And the smell is a bonus!



Along with the shampoo, I pair it with the Redken Extreme Conditioner. I use it about 2-3 times a week, because I don't want to over-moisturize my hair and cause oiliness. But when I do use it, it leaves my hair smooth, shiny, healthy-looking, and just so easy to work with. I've also paired this conditioner with other shampoos, and it still performs just as well.



Completely sold, I purchased the two biggest bottles, running at a hefty 33.8 ounces each. Redken often has a sale to buy two at a discounted price versus buying them separately at their regular prices.

The shampoo was of course the first to go, since I use the conditioner less often, but it still took a good 6+ months to finally hit the bottom. After the same amount of time, the conditioner is about 3/4 full... amazing! I may have it for another year at this rate. Just another perk of this Extreme Conditioner: it's extremely long-lasting.

The large sizes run at about $16 per bottle after tax (or they have sales such as $30 for both), which is pretty decent when you consider the size you're getting. What is also satisfying is feeling your arms work when you carry those bottles out the door - just by the weight, you can tell you're getting your money's worth!
 Ulta carries the Redken line, which is where I would reccomend shopping when browsing this hair care line.

Tip: due to the size of the shampoo and conditioner, it may be more cost-effective to buy the smaller sizes first, in order to make sure you like the product before making the big 33.8 oz commitment! In the future, I plan on purchasing the smaller conditioner, because I certainly don't need the large one if I don't use it as often.

What's your favorite Bath Bling right now? Have you tried anything from the Redken line?


No comments:

Post a Comment